Delivering Knowledge and Tools to Nonprofits
- Managing the Capital Campaign published December 2, 2013
- Register Now for Your Seat at The Fundraising School
Managing the Capital Campaign
January 14 to 16, 2014 in Traverse City
Fee: $600 (50% discount from regular pricing)
- Giving Tuesday Tomorrow published December 2, 2013
- Giving Tuesday - Tomorrow, December 3, 2013.
We all know about the rush for rock-bottom prices on “Black Friday,” the growing movement to support “Small Business Saturday,” and the online shopping frenzy on “Cyber Monday.” But did you know that the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is known as Giving Tuesday? It’s a great chance for people to come together to make a charitable impact during a season of need for many.
- Next Generation of American Giving published November 15, 2013
- Published by Blackbaud, this report looks at the charitable habits of Generations Y, X,
Baby Boomers, and Matures. The responses are self-reported. The study aims to answer a number of questions, including:
1. What are the preferred giving channels of each generation?
2. What are the preferred communications and
3. What kinds of charities do people support?
4. What are the basic dos and dont's for fundraisers in 2013?
- RFP: US Congressional FEMA – 2013 Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP). published November 11, 2013
- The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region, along with Calhoun Co. Local Board #4656-00 is seeking Request for Funding Proposals for program funding consideration under the US Congressional FEMA – 2013 Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP).
- Free Grant Station Webinar November 12 published November 4, 2013
- As part of your NPA membership you are a member of SNPO and receive a free membership to Grant Station. Here is a free webinar that will be help you get acquainted with Grant Station.
- Two-Day Regional Nonprofit Conference in Jackson November 7 & 8 published November 1, 2013
- Nonprofit Network is hosting a regional, two-day conference to provide nonprofit and for-profit organizations professional development opportunities for management staff, volunteers and board of directors. The Lead, Serve, Grow Conference takes place Thursday and Friday, November 7-8th at Baker College, 2800 Springport Rd., Jackson, Mich.
- The Battle Creek Area Association of Realtors Grant Funding Available published October 10, 2013
- The Battle Creek Area Association of REALTORS grants funding to non-profit organizations that serve Calhoun County residents in the areas of housing, families, children and/or community enhancements. Grant applications are due to BCAAR by December 31, 2013.
- United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region Announces Greater Battle Creek Education Programs Request for Funding Proposals published September 27, 2013
- United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR) seeks proposals from eligible 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations seeking to Advance the Common Good under the organization’s focus on Education in the Greater Battle Creek community.
- PROJECT 20/20 and TCC TEAM UP FOR MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 26 published September 24, 2013
- The next Project 20/20 and Coordinating Council meeting is this Thursday from 8-10 a.m. at the Family Health Center. Please note the new day, time and location.
Using Assets to Achieve Outcomes
Thursday, September 26, 2013
8:00 - 10:00 a.m. (please note the time is a 1/2 hour later than usual)
Family Health Center of Battle Creek
181 W. Emmett St (please park closest to Washington St.)
Light refreshments will be served.
- Requests for Letters of Intent - Academic and Behavioral Health Supports for Suspended Middle School Students published September 23, 2013
- United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region (UWBCKR) is actively seeking proposals for educational program services targeting middle-school students (grades 4 - 8) in the Greater Battle Creek community who are serving out-of-school suspensions.
- Leadership & Supervisory Skills Workshops published September 23, 2013
- TCB Enterprises presents a series of workshops to enhance your interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Nonprofit Scam Alert Corporate Records Mailing published August 7, 2013
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Director Steve Arwood warns Michigan corporations of a non-governmental entity called "Corporate Records Service" trying to collect a $125 fee to prepare corporate meeting minutes.
- Project 20/20 Invite to Community Conversations: June 26th published June 18, 2013
- Our last meeting was such a success that we decided to host another round of community conversations. I hope you'll join us for....
- Nonprofit Excellence Award Program Tonight published May 22, 2013
- In partnership with the Battle Creek Area Chamber of the Commerce, the Nonprofit Capacity Building Excellence Awards will be presented this evening.
- Creating an Upgrading Team with Kim Klein, Tuesday, July 16 published April 22, 2013
- Kim Klein, internationally known speaker, trainer and author of 5 books including her most recent, Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times is coming to Battle Creek.
- Free ‘Recycle Rama’ on Saturday, April 28 published April 15, 2013
- A one-day recycling collection for a variety of materials will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2012, from 9am – 1pm at the Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek! Come visit this one stop recycling shop!
- Community Prayer Breakfast May 7 published April 15, 2013
- Featuring Keni Thomas, U.S. Army Rangers Veteran of “Black Hawk Down” Mission.
- How Social Media Savvy is Your Nonprofit? published April 5, 2013
- According to the latest eNonprofits Benchmark Study, the growth of social media audiences outpaced email lists in 2012, growing an average of 46 percent on Facebook and 264 percent on Twitter. Are you using social channels to properly connect and engage with your supporters?
Click on the link below to access more information from Network for Good and to link to the Benchmark Study.
- Top 10 Trends: How Major Donors are Changing and What To Do About It published April 5, 2013
- In the latest edition from fundraising expert, Gail Perry,if you're tired of using the "spray and pray" approach to major donor fundraising, then you need new strategies.
You need to know how major donors have changed. They are more finicky. They are less trustful. They want different things from nonprofits now. And you really need to make some changes yourself.
Click the link below to read more on this from one of NPA's favorite resources.
- Project 20 20 Opportunities for the Next Generation published March 22, 2013
- Opportunities are abound in Battle Creek. Baby Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y (aka Millennials) and Generation Z. Whatever category you fit into, one thing is for sure, there are opportunities in this community to use your time and talents to contribute to the greater good.
- Call NPA to Attend the 7th Annual County Legislative Breakfast published March 20, 2013
- The on-line registration is closed in order for us to prepare for the event, but we welome your call to us if you wish to participate on Friday, March 22, 8-9:30 a.m. at Burnham Brook Center. NPA staff can be reached at 269-565-2190.
- 10th Annual Fair Housing Conference April 12 published March 19, 2013
- Friday, April 12, 2013
Radison Plaza Hotel
100 W. Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
- Full Blast & Kidventure Summer Camp Job Fair published March 18, 2013
- Full Blast and Kidventure Summer Camp are holding a job fair on Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 19.
- 2013 Building Michigan Communities Conference April 29-May 1 published March 11, 2013
- Please make plans to attend the 15th Annual conference. The committee has worked hard to bring programming that is timely, innovative and exciting for the industry. There are over 100 sessions to choose from in this action packed 3 day event!
- HelpNet's Free February Leadership Oasis: "Workplace Drug Concerns and Actions: Inspiring a Drug Free Workplace" published February 6, 2013
- On February 12th, HelpNet is bringing two of Michigan’s foremost experts on drug abuse in the workplace to Leadership Oasis. Carol Meyer-Niedzwiecki and Joseph Kuchenbuck combined have over 40 years of experience in the substance abuse field.
- Attend a MBA and MI Bridges Training Session published January 17, 2013
- You are invited to register for a MBA and MI Bridges Training Session – Friday, February 8, 2013 9 AM to 12 PM – Battle Creek, MI OR Friday, March 8, 2013
9 AM to 12 PM – Battle Creek, MI
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids' Sake - Sign Up Now! published January 17, 2013
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake is a fun and easy way for anyone to positively impact children’s lives. You do not need to be a good bowler to participate and make a BIG difference.
- Early-bird Registration is Open for the 2013 Michigan Family Farms Conference published December 18, 2012
- In 2013, the Michigan Family Farms Conference celebrates its tenth year on Saturday, January 19 at Lakeview High School in Battle Creek. This year’s theme, “Family Farming – It’s in our Roots”, will focus on Michigan’s farming heritage and growing opportunities for farmers in the future. Online registration is now open at www.miffs.org/mffc.
- Affordable Health Care Presentation at January TCC Gathering published December 17, 2012
- Join The Coordinating Council for a presentation on the Affordable Care Act on January 24 from 8-10 a.m. at the Family Health Center in Battle Creek. Janet Olszewski from Health Management Associates will discuss how the Affordable Care Act impacts non-profits, small business, and the clients they serve.The presentation will then be followed by a facilitated group discussion.
- Marshall Community Foundation Next Grant Deadline is January 2 published December 17, 2012
- The Marshall Community Foundation welcomes and encourages grant applications from non-profit, tax exempt organizations, schools, churches (for nonsectarian purposes, cities and townships in the greater Marshall area and Calhoun County.
- MCACA Grants Awarded to Local Organizations published December 14, 2012
- On December 7, The Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) approved $5,675,400 in the form of 312 grants to outstanding nonprofit arts and cultural organizations, educational institutions and municipalities in 47 counties to support their efforts to produce high quality arts programming. MCACA received 401 applications requesting $8.9 million in support.
- Battle Creek Community Foundation Grant Opportunity published December 14, 2012
- The Battle Creek Community Foundation (BCCF) is currently accepting grant proposals for programs and/or nonprofit organizations conducting programs designed to provide assistance to the terminally ill and/or families of the terminally ill. Grant proposals are due to BCCF no later than December 28, 2012 by 5pm and will be accepted in written form either by hand, email or fax. Contact Annette or Stacey at 962-2181 for more information.
- Attend a Build a Grant Workshop by The Battle Creek Community Foundation published November 13, 2012
- Who: Any resident looking to make a difference in their community. Bring your project to our "Build a Grant" workshop and we'll walk you through completing an application on the spot.
- Download the Nonprofit Training Schedule published November 5, 2012
- We look forward to seeing you in class this fall!
New this semester, the Professional Development Institute at Kellogg Community College will be holding Nonprofit Trainings in both the Albion and Hastings areas.
- Athens Area Scrapbook Crop Saturday November 17 published October 30, 2012
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sponsored by the Athens Area Community Foundation
Arts & Culture Committee
- Child Abuse Prevention Endowment Fund Holiday Shopping Fundraiser published October 29, 2012
- Saturday, November 3
Held at Cutiepie Café
1504 Capital Ave. NE
in Pennfield 49014
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- OMNI Community Credit Union Grant Program Deadline November 1st published October 24, 2012
- Given these economic times, charitable organizations continue to have a great need for financial assistance.
- Join Project 2020 on October 24th published October 18, 2012
- We Champion Battle Creek
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Burnham Brook Community Center, Lew Boyd Room
200 W. Michigan Avenue, downtown Battle Creek
- Today is "Life Without Art" Day published October 18, 2012
- On Thursday, October 18, the Arts and Culture Collaborative is holding a "Life Without Art" Day. Think about what life would be life if we did not have art. It is a time to discuss what art really means to your families and children. Come downtown between 7-9 a.m. and 4:30-5:30 p.m. to show your support for the arts in our community.
- Burma Center Day Celebration Saturday, October 27 published October 18, 2012
- You are invited to join us in celebration at the annual Burma Center Day Celebration on October 27, 2012. We want to share with you what we've been up to this past year. There will be food, festivities, and of course, lots of fun!
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - A Community of Caring Holiday Ball published October 18, 2012
- Saturday, November 16th
- Introducing LinkedIn Board Connect published October 1, 2012
- The launch of LinkedIn Board Connect is giving nonprofit leaders the tools to help them leverage their own networks and their board members’ networks to find the right skilled professionals to join their boards.
- Seeking Nominees for Albion's Choice Awards for Health and Well Being published September 26, 2012
- Together with the Albion Community Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition, the Mayor’s Youth Council, and Substance Abuse Prevention Services (SAPS) are pleased to announce the first year of Albion’s Choice Awards for Health & Well-Being.
- Learn About Michigan Benefits Access and MI Bridges published September 24, 2012
- Michigan Benefits Access is a public-private collaboration to increase the economic stability of Michigan families by connecting them to multiple benefits through the use of the MI Bridges application system and community outreach.
- KCC Downtown Office Open House - September 20 published September 4, 2012
- Join KCC to celebrate the new downtown office featuring Nonprofit Alliance, Center for Entrepreneurship, Generation E Institute and CRIA.
- Creating Change Fun Filled Community Event September 22 published September 4, 2012
- Connecting you to your community to create a change
with a fun informational event. Free to the Public.
- Greater Calhoun County Capacity Building Fund Proposals Due September 15 published August 30, 2012
- The Greater Calhoun County Capacity Building Fund will be accepting proposals by September 15, 2012 for projects that build the capacity of local nonprofit organizations. Applicants must provide services in Albion, Athens, Homer, Marshall or Tekonsha.
- Michigan Benefits Access Training September 12 published August 30, 2012
- You are invited to register for a MBA and MI Bridges Training Session – Wednesday, September 12, 2012 from 1 - 4 PM –KCC Regional Manufacturing Technology Center, Battle Creek MI
- Lego City Exhibition Coming to Art Center of Battle Creek published August 28, 2012
- You’re invited to help “build” the Lego City Exhibition coming in September 2012 to the Art Center of Battle Creek!
- Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services Open House published August 6, 2012
- Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services invites you to join them at their Open House on Thursday, August 16
- LEILAPALOOZA TIME! published July 26, 2012
- Join the community at Leila Arboretum, Saturday, July 28 from morning to night for a day of music and fun. Great bands, food and beverage. Something for the whole family to enjoy and support.
- 2012 United Way Days of Caring Agency Project Request Forms Due August 3 published July 24, 2012
- The United Way invites your organization to welcome the talents and time of caring people by participating in United Way’s Days of Caring.
- Battle Creek Community Foundation Grantseeker Orientations published July 23, 2012
- As a partner in local efforts to support the greater Battle Creek area, the Battle Creek Community Foundation (BCCF) continually strives to be an engaged, effective, and efficient grantmaker.
- Take Action TODAY to Save National Service Funding - MNA Action Alert published July 19, 2012
- This week the U.S. House Appropriations Committee released a draft of their funding bill that once again calls for damaging cuts to National Service and the elimination of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- Community Action Raise Our Roof Campaign Kick Off Open House published June 21, 2012
- June 28th 5pm
175 Main Street
Light Refreshments will be served.
- Calling All Charities! Join Macy's Shop for a Cause published June 20, 2012
- Saturday, August 25, 2012
Want to raise funds for your nonprofit organization?
Sign up at www.macys.com/shopforacause
- Eastend Studio & Gallery Grand Opening June 29th published June 19, 2012
- Featured Artist Lori Feldpausch. More than 45 Michigan artists on display. 5:30-8:30pm
- Woodlawn Preschool Open House Party Sunday, June 24th published June 14, 2012
- Tour Woodlawn Preschool (Lakeview)
Serving children for over 60 years!
Learn about summer/fall camps, classes, enrichment services and after-school programs
- Congratulations to the 2012 Excellence in Capacity Building Award Recipients published June 13, 2012
- On May 23, Charitable Union, The Family Enrichment Center and Goodwill Industries of Central Michigan's Heartland received an Excellence in Capacity Building Award for 2012. The award is based on demonstrated effectiveness in an organizational capacity builing project over the last three years. Congratulations!
- 9th Annual First Tee Golf Fore! Kids Friday, June 29th published May 21, 2012
- Play Golf, Change Lives.
Friday, June 29th at 12:30pm
- Project 20/20 Forum: Preparing for, Getting in & Moving Ahead in the Workplace published May 17, 2012
- How should students prepare themselves for the workforce? What does it take to get an job interview? How can a young professional advance in their current position? Join us for our next forum...
- Great Partnership - Burma Center and Bridges to Cultural Understanding published May 12, 2012
- Calebration of the Burmese Culture is an event sponsored by the Burma Center and Bridges to Cultural Understanding. This celebration and thank you program will be held on Thursday, May 17 from 7-8:30 p.m. at First Congregational Church in Battle Creek. All are invited.
- MI BRIDGES TRAINING - MAY 17 published May 3, 2012
- Organizations are invited to attend the upcoming Michigan Benefits Access training on the use of MI Bridges on May 17 from 1-4 p.m. at the United Way of Greater Battle Creek. MI Bridges is a system developed and maintained by the Department of Human Services and the training, provided by Michigan Association of United Ways staff, enables organization staff/volunteers to assist persons directly with applying for public benefits on MI Bridges, as well as, informing the community about the availability of the system for anyone to use online.
Please register in advance for this training. There is a limit on the number of attendees.
- The 2012 Prudential Leadership Awards for Exceptional Nonprofit Boards published April 16, 2012
- BoardSource and Prudential proudly announce the 2012 Prudential Leadership Awards for Exceptional Nonprofit Boards.
- Apply for the $100,000 Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation published April 16, 2012
- The first-place prize is $100,000, thanks to a generous grant from The Coca-Cola Foundation. The second-place award is $7,500, and the third-place prize is $5,000.
- Nonprofit Excellence in Capacity Building Award 2012 published April 12, 2012
- Applications are now available for the 2012 Nonprofit Excellence in Capacity Building Award to be presented on May 23 from 5-8 p.m. at Yarrow Golf and Conference Center.
- Find Funding Opportunities published April 4, 2012
- Need to find a funder for your program, agency operations or new initiative? The Foundation Directory Online is available at the NPA office. Just schedule an appointment with NPA staff by calling 269.565.2190 or click Contact Us and send us a message.
- March of Dimes Community Grant Program published March 30, 2012
- Each year, local March of Dimes chapters award grants to external organizations across the state in order to address unmet maternal and infant health needs. These community grants are one way that the March of Dimes pursues its mission of saving babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
- Nonprofit Alliance Moves to Downtown Battle Creek published February 25, 2012
- Beginning February 27, 2012, NPA will be located in office space at 15 Capital Avenue NE in downtown Battle Creek (the corner of State St. and Capital Ave.) We are in Suite 207.
- Junior League Grants Available published February 22, 2012
- The Junior League of Battle Creek is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
- 2012 Governor's Service Awards Nomination Form Now Available! published February 14, 2012
- The Michigan Community Service Commission is excited to accept nominations for the 2012 Governor's Service Awards. These awards are given annually to individuals, organizations, and businesses who are committed to service and volunteerism in their communities.
- Healthcare in Battle Creek: A Plan for Excellence published February 8, 2012
- Tuesday, February 21, 2012
6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Burnham Brook Community Center, Lew Boyd Room
200 W. Michigan Avenue, downtown Battle Creek
- Eaton Corporation Request for Support Due February 15, 2012 published January 25, 2012
- Eaton Corporation has a strong desire to help strengthen our local communities by contributing to the growth and impact of charitable and nonprofit organizations.
- Show Me the $$$ Day 2012 published January 23, 2012
- Saturday, January 28 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Battle Creek Family YMCA will be "Show me the Money" Day 2012 featuring free tax preparation (income < $50,000), free financial workshops and more.
- Living and Breathing the Dream Breakfast on January 14 published January 10, 2012
- The 2012 MLK Breakfast sponsored by JONAH will be held on Saturday, January 14 from 9-11 a.m. at St. Philip Parish Center - 92 Capital Ave NE.
- Community Kitchen Incubator Presentation January 23 published January 8, 2012
- Ron Steiner, Executive Director of the Starting Block in Hart, Michigan will present from 9:30-11:00 a.m. at Miller College.
- Visitors and Residents Spent Over $2 Billion on Arts and Culture in 2010 published December 18, 2011
- From Crain's Detroit - Leisure spending on arts, culture and history ranked up there with overall tourism and sporting activities in Michigan last year.
While sightseeing accounted for the largest amount of spending at $3.5 billion, visitors and residents spent $2.08 billion to visit arts and cultural organizations and events, according to a report released this fall by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.
That was about 17 percent of the total $12.6 billion in leisure spending/tourism spent in Michigan last year, according to the report.
- United Way Surpasses Campaign Goal published December 5, 2011
- The United Way of Greater Battle Creek announced its campaign result at the Knights Basketball Game, Saturday, December 3. This year donors helped the campaign reach $5,934,101 to help support programs in areas of health, education and financial stability.
- Riverwalk Stroll December 13 published December 5, 2011
- Please join the Battle Creek Community Foundation, Battle Creek Chamber of Commerce and the United Way of Greater Battle Creek for evening of carolets and refreshments on Tuesday, December 13 from 5-7 p.m. RSVP no later than December 9. Go under the Read More to get the link to respond.
- TCC & RHA Annual Meeting & Holiday Party December 1 published November 30, 2011
- The Coordinating Council and Regional Health Alliance Annual Meeting/Holiday Party is on Thursday December 1st from 8:00 – 10:00am at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. We will have a wonderful hot breakfast provided by the Kellogg Foundation with a performance by the Harper Creek Honor’s Choir, the Calhoun County Community Report Card 2011-12 Rollout, Regional Health Alliance Annual Issue Action Group presentations, and a powerful performance by Kinetic Affect.
Please remember that we are collecting donations for the hat and mitten tree at the Family Health Center of Battle Creek & Albion. We ask that you please help us keep this tradition alive by bringing a donation of a hat, gloves, mittens, or scarf with you to the party as your ticket.
- Starr Commonwealth's Battle Creek Open House published November 14, 2011
- Come visit the newly renovated and expanded Starr Commonwealth
site in Battle Creek where you can meet program staff,
youth benefitting from Starr services,
and learn more about our community-based programs
- Accessvision Launches BC Current published November 8, 2011
- AccessVision announced the launch of BC Current,
an innovative website that will spark civic engagement in Battle Creek by providing residents with a powerful new tool for sharing news and information.
The multimedia site is a project of AccessVision with support from the Battle Creek Enquirer and the Battle Creek Community Foundation. It will be entirely staffed, written and edited by local residents.
The purpose of the BC Current is twofold:
• Provide citizens with the tools to create an alternative news source for the benefit of our community.
• Create a forum and information center that fosters civic engagement, computer literacy and a better understanding of their community.
BC Current is launching with more than a dozen local reporters and mentors who will post stories to the site and help other residents get involved.
- Allegra Battle Creek FootPRINT Fund published November 1, 2011
- Allegra FootPRINT Fund awards print services, through Allegra Battle Creek, to select nonprofit organizations to help enhance their image, expand their services and extend their printing budget.
- Street Court Community Information Meeting Tonight published October 27, 2011
- Woman's Co-op and Creating Change are welcome everyone to come and learn about a program to help low income clients and families meet their misdemeanor obligations in alternative ways. October 27, 6 p.m. at First Congregational Church - 145 Capital Avenue NE
- United Way Announces Greater Battle Creek Income Program Services Request for Funding Proposals published October 23, 2011
- United Way of Greater Battle Creek (UWGBC) seeks proposals from eligible 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations seeking to Advance the Common Good, creating opportunities for a better quality of life for all, under the Income priority area.
- Nonprofit Earned Income: Funding Your Organization in Tough Economic Times published October 21, 2011
- Earned income through the sale of goods or services is the nonprofit sector’s fastest growing revenue stream. It’s not for everybody, but everybody should at least consider earned income.
- Social Networking Gathering Larger Share of the Adult Population published October 13, 2011
- Two-thirds of adult internet users (65%) now say they use a social networking site, more than double the percentage reported in 2008, according to the report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project. Usage on a typical day for online adults using social networking is 43% up from 18% in 2008.
- Kimball House Celebrates 125 Years published October 7, 2011
- On Saturday, October 8, Kimball House Museum will have a birthday party and the public is invited to share the celebration.
There will be an open house at the museum at 196 Capital Avenue NE from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. with a special program at 4:00 p.m. This program will feature a short history of the house, remarks by members of the Kimball family and a special surprise presentation.
Two members of the Kimball family, Ellen Clarke Buckminster from Washington, D. C. and Maryo Gard Ewell from Colorado, will be representing the family at the program.
Tours of the house will be available during the afternoon, featuring new exhibits and many pieces of Kimball family furniture which have recently been returned to the house from the estate of Josephine Kimball Buckminster.
The open house and the tours of the museum are free and open to the public. Seasonal refreshments will be available all afternoon and the birthday cake will be cut following the 4:00 p.m. program.
- What A Do Theatre's, "The Laramie Project" Opens October 7 published October 6, 2011
- What A Do Theatre’s fourth production of its inaugural season, The Laramie Project, opens Friday, October 7. The Laramie Project explores the 1998 murder of Matthew Shepard, the subsequent trial, and the community’s reaction to the crime against the 21-year-old University of Wyoming student, who was gay.
- CIR Fall Harvest Luncheon published October 4, 2011
- Tour the Etc. Arts Studio and then enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by the CIR Culinary Class with the assistance of Chef Renee Church. October 13, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., First Congregational Church, Battle Creek.
- Social Enterprise Summit - Chicago published October 4, 2011
- Sponsored by Social Enterprise Alliance, October 30-November 2, Chicago, IL
Register at se-alliance.org/summit-registration
- Early Learning is Good Business Summit published October 4, 2011
- Join Battle Creek business leaders in a conversation on how to foster early childhood education for our local economy, our citizens and our community.
- Fresh - a Film Showing on September 29 published September 23, 2011
- Good Food BC is hosting a showing of the movie "Fresh," on Thursday, September. 29, from 6-8 pm. The film will be shown at the W. K. Kellogg Foundation at One Michigan Ave, East. Light refreshments will be served. Free, and open to all. Reservations are encouraged, call 269.969.2682
- Voces Grand Inauguration - Saturday, October 1 published September 22, 2011
- Please join Voces, Latino/Hispanic Community and Cultural Center, at their Grand Inauguration as they announce new programming and events! Come learn about the services they and their partner organizations provide. The event is open to the entire community.
Saturday, October 1, 12 noon-5 p.m. 520 West Michigan Avenue in Battle Creek.
- Substance Abuse Council 2011 Community Recognition Breakfast published September 22, 2011
- Substance Abuse Council is holding its annual recognition breakfast on Friday,October 21, 7-8:30 a.m. at the Holiday Inn, 12812 Harper Village in Battle Creek. Special Guest: Dr. A.J. Jones, CEO of Family Health Center.
- MNA Nonprofit Day 2011 published September 13, 2011
- While Michigan evolves to deal with a changing environment, its political landscape is shifting radically. This shift will impact nonprofits and the people we serve. What can/should nonprofits do during this unprecedented time of change? We lead through our voice – through advocacy!
- Bill Would Reduce Discount on Nonprofit Postage Rate published September 7, 2011
- Special, preferred postage rates for nonprofits have existed since being authorized by Congress in 1951. To qualify for Nonprofit Standard Mail rates, an organization must be a nonprofit organization organized and operated for a qualifying primary purpose (religious, educational, scientific, charitable, agricultural, labor, veterans, fraternal; certain political committees may also qualify). Under current law, the nonprofit discount rate is 40 percent.
- Free Webinar September 9, 2011 published September 7, 2011
- Supporters need proper care and nurturing to retain and steward to higher levels of engagement. Are you communicating on their terms? Based on increasingly multi-channel constituent preferences and interests, it’s now more important than ever to have an integrated fundraising strategy.
- NPA Training and Education offered by KCC Lifelong Learning published August 22, 2011
- NPA is excited to partner with KCC Lifelong Learning's Professional Development Institute to provide nonprofit education and training in Calhoun County.
- Nonprofit Compensation Study by Guidestar published August 9, 2011
- The Nonprofit Alliance office has the 2010 Nonprofit Compensation Study published by Guidestar. This is a reliable resource if your organization is assessing compensation and benefits of the CEO and other nonprofit positions. Contact NPA for more information.
- Tell Us Your Story published July 19, 2011
- NPA has added a feature on this website, "Share Your Story", an opportunity to highlight a success story in your organization. Just click on the Success Story button on the home page or on the left menu column to see further submission instructions.
- Building Movement Project Video Launched published July 5, 2011
- NPA is pleased to announce the unveiling of the first Building Movement Battle Creek video featuring a cohort of five local agencies engaged in movement building social change efforts.
- Small Nonprofits Get Relief from IRS published June 30, 2011
- The IRS recognizes that many small organizations that have lost their tax-exempt status because they failed to file a Form 990-N e-Postcard for their 2007, 2008, and 2009 taxable years were never required to file an annual return or notice prior to their 2007 taxable year. Contact the Nonprofit Alliance to check the status of your organization or request assistance for the relief from the IRS.
- Nonprofits Aid Individuals and Neighborhoods Affected by Storm published June 6, 2011
- Area nonprofits have stepped up in a tremendous way to assist families and neighborhoods in the greater Battle Creek area affected by the recent storm.
- New Resources Available at NPA published May 26, 2011
- Always committed to maintaining up-to-date and relevant resources in the NPA office, we have three additional publications in the Lending Library.
- Battle Creek Leadership Challenge Accepting Applications and Sponsorships published May 20, 2011
- Battle Creek Leadership Challenge is a premier leadership development program designed to identify, educate and foster a network of community trustees.
- NPA Lending Library Resources published May 11, 2011
- At the recent MNA Superconference NPA staff purchased several nonprofit resources for the Lending Library.
- Public Policy Update: Fair and Transparent Redistricting Process published May 9, 2011
- As part of ongoing efforts to promote nonprofit activities in civic engagement, Michigan Nonprofit Association has convened the Michigan Redistricting Collaborative, a coalition of nonprofits working to educate nonprofits and the public about the need to change the redistricting process.
- NPA's Favorite Weblinks to Resources published May 4, 2011
- In this section you will find a list of weblinks sorted by nonprofit topics. NPA has checked these links for content and useability.
- Snapshot on Giving and Volunteering in Michigan published May 4, 2011
- In spring 2011, 979 Michigan residents were asked about their experiences with charitable giving and volunteering in 2010.
- Interpersonal Communications for Fund Raising - CANCELED published May 2, 2011
- This two-day Indiana University Fund Raising School course can be applied toward the Certificate in Fund Raising Management.
- Generation E! Showcase May 3 at Kellogg Arena published May 2, 2011
- The Sixth Annual Generation E Student Business Showcase will be May 3 at the Kellogg Arena. Come and see over 100 successful student businesses, especially from 12 noon-2 p.m.
- So You Got the Grant, Now What? published April 18, 2011
- Monday April 25 - Willard Public Library. In this workshop, you will learn best practices in reporting and communicating that will build long term partnerships with foundations. No fee to attend but registration required.
- PNC Offers Non-Profit Checking Accounts published March 13, 2011
- PNC Bank understands the unique cash management requirements of nonprofit organizations and they have developed a checking account specifically for the nonprofit needs.
- Fifth Annual Calhoun County Legislative Breakfast, March 25 published March 6, 2011
- Nonprofits serving Calhoun County! Join your fellow colleagues and elected officials in this annual free breakfast meeting.
- Grants Training in Ann Arbor published February 20, 2011
- A2Y Regional Chamger and Grant Writing USA will a present a two-day frants workshop in Ann Arbor, March 31-April 1, 2011.
- Kids Count in Michigan Data Book published February 11, 2011
- The Kids Count in Michigan Data Book 2010: The Education Connection is now available through the Michigan League for Human Services. Find data by county and comparisons by state. Download the entire report or selected sections for free.
- Revenue Sustainability-A Working Session for Nonprofits, March 3 published February 8, 2011
- COSA Amendment passes House and Senate – Signed by the Governor! published January 13, 2011
- Exciting News! On Wednesday, December 22, the bill that makes some much needed revisions to the Charitable Organizations and Solicitation Act (COSA), was signed into law by Governor Granholm - PA 377 and 378.
- Certificate of Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Available at a Discount for NPA Members published November 12, 2010
- The Nonprofit Alliance is pleased to announce through its partnership with SNPO, this series of 8 online courses featuring a Certificate of Excellence in Nonprofit Leadership and Management that is jointly awarded by Michigan State University's CARRS Department and the Society for Nonprofit Organizations.
- 2010 Nonprofit Sector Needs Assessment Draft Report Now Available published October 27, 2010
- The 2010 Nonprofit Needs Assessment Draft Report is now available to download. The survey is still open for organizations to complete. We are interested in your input to assess the status of the nonprofit sector in our region. We want to learn and share changing themes, trends and emerging needs with you.
- "Should I Form a 501(c)3 Nonprofit in Michigan?" Workshop, Nov. 6 published October 26, 2010
- Should I start a nonprofit? How do I start a nonprofit organization? What forms do I need to file? Can I get paid? Do I need a Board of Directors?
- Nonprofit Alliance to Host Firespring Technology Seminars for Nonprofits & Small Businesses, Oct. 22 published October 1, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance will host Jay Wilkinson, CEO of Firespring, on Oct. 22 at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Firespring is a Nebraska-based marketing and internet services company with more than 3,000 clients on 5 continents, specializing in nonprofit and small business technology, ranging from social to powerful website fundamentals to 21st century branding.
- Nonprofit Alliance & Community Legal Resources to Host Nonprofit Legal Survival Workshop, Oct. 8 published September 28, 2010
- Attorneys from various areas of practice will provide a three part panel workshop addressing matters related to: Employment Law, Restructuring Basics, and Corporate Governance. This workshop should prove to be informative and worthwhile.
- KCC seeks MCC Americorps College Coaching Corps Member to Serve on Its "Learning Through Service" Initiative published September 20, 2010
- Kellogg Community College seeks MCC Americorps College Coaching Corps Member to Serve on Its "Learning Through Service" Initiative. Contact Glenda at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269.965.3931 x2264 by 9/24.
- Nonprofit Alliance to Host Fourth "Inner Workings of Federal Grant Development" Workshop for Nonprofits, Albion, Sept 30 published September 13, 2010
- Albion- Due to popular demand, Nonprofit Alliance will host a fourth Federal Grant Writing Workshop for Nonprofits at the Kellogg Community College-Eastern Academic Center in Albion. This interactive, peer-learning workshop will examine the inner workings of the federal grant development process
- Volunteer and Civic Engagement Fair At Kellogg Community College, Sept 21 published August 25, 2010
- CFACC Establishes Kalamazoo River Environmental Relief Fund published August 11, 2010
- Enhancing Communications with Your Elected Officials - Findings from the 2010 Calhoun County Nonprofit Legislative Breakfast Conversation published July 28, 2010
- Local Nonprofit Will Be Selected to Receive $5,000 in Free Marketing Research published June 30, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance to Host “Special Events- Are the Friendraisers or Fundrasiers?” Workshop for Nonprofits, June 29 published June 23, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance to hold Open House, 6/22 published June 17, 2010
- Annual Nonprofit Trends Conference to be held June 17, WMU Fetzer Center published May 28, 2010
- Michigan Cultural Data Project Training Coming to Battle Creek, May 25 published May 10, 2010
- Congratulations to Our 2010 Nonprofit Business Award Winners! published May 4, 2010
- Have a nonprofit-related question? Ask us! published April 29, 2010
- 2010 Nonprofit Business Award Applications Due April 16 published March 30, 2010
- 2010 Combined Federal Campaign Application Deadline is April 9 published March 25, 2010
- 4th Annual Legislative Breakfast for Calhoun County Nonprofits published February 21, 2010
- Do you serve Calhoun County? Join other nonprofits and elected officials to address current issues affecting our ability to make a difference. Register today.
- Free Technology Consultations for Nonprofits published February 4, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance Capacity Building Pooled Funds published January 31, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance and partners provide two capacity building pooled funds for Calhoun county nonprofits.
- Nonprofit Alliance to Host Day-Long Major Gifts Fundraising Workshop, Feb. 4 published January 12, 2010
- Nonprofit Alliance will host Richner & Richner in a day-long fundraising workshop. This training, titled, “How to Ask for and Receive Major Gifts”, will focus on the key elements necessary for nonprofit organizations to be successful at major-gift fundraising.
- Capacity Building Opportunities for Small Michigan Nonprofits published October 21, 2009
- Act now!
Recover Michigan and Michigan NOW! offer Capacity Building Opportunities for Small Michigan Nonprofits (NOTE: You must attend an orientation session to participate).